Flower garland

By | 5/16/2013 Leave a Comment
I am now trying to gather ideas for my daughter's 4th Bday party. This will be Princess Party and of course all needs to be pink and glittery. So I sit glued to Pinterest and I found so many cool ideas that I am afraid I won't be able to choose my favourites. The problem is that all needs to be tested before the actual party so we are now producing all the decorations to make sure that are easy enough for both of us to handle and that we have enough to fill the room. This is fantastic way to get Maja involved and excited about upcoming party and that she can participate in preparing it. She loves crafts and the only thing is that sometimes she will get bored half way through the project leaving me alone to finish it but hey...she managed to get something done and she feels proud!

So we are now testing paper flower garland to decorate walls. I am thinking to either hang it traditional way (horizontal) or go for a few more strings and hand it vertical as a backdrop. We don't have a pink paper yet so trying it out on any colour available in our craft draw:) It is really easy to make and kids can help you out folding the paper and making small holes for a string.

The idea is taken from Craft Queen - Martha Stewart. Here is the link into how its done: http://www.marthastewart.com/271212/red-white-and-blue-garland

Ours is already displayed in the living room window and we will definitely be making more from pink and purple paper! One thing ticked from our Bday preparation list!


 
SHARE IT:
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: